Saturday, May 22, 2010

joint bank accounts

I was having a chat with a girlfriend this week about joint v separate bank accounts for couples.

She and her hubby only have the one joint account where both their salaries are paid into. From here they pay all their bills, holidays etc.

While I am strongly in favour of joint accounts, I think you also need a separate account each person - purely for 'ME' stuff.

My friend, let's call her Alice, felt that having separate accounts was a headache - more accounts to remember and possibly get mixed up. But I disagree - only one account can be messier if someone overspends (which happens more often than you think).

I'm going to write a longer post on how the boy and I sort our accounts, but for now here are some interesting links on the subject:

No comments:

Post a Comment